Research projects underway include:
- Macropod fence injuries – ongoing
- Macropod translocation – ongoing
- Treating macropods for myopathy – ongoing
- Treating respiratory illness in macropods
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in kangaroos – ongoing
- Applied ethics – ongoing
- Wildlife emotion – ongoing
- Trans-species learning
- Animals, ethics & economics
- Epistemology and wildlife knowledge systems.
Animal Papers by Steve
- “Post-traumatic stress disorder in kangaroos”. Paper to the Australian Wildlife Rehabilitation Conference, Hobart, May, 2014.
- “Renal Failure in eastern Grey Kangaroos”. Paper to the Australian Wildlife Rehabilitation Conference, Hobart, May, 2014.
- ‘Learning about the emotional lives of kangaroos, cognitive justice and environmental sustainability’, Relations: Beyond Anthropocentrism. 2014.
- “The role of the university in a world in crisis: Environmental sustainability and the Ecoversity”, chapter in Inside the New University: Prerequisites for a contemporary knowledge production, Bentham Science Publishers, e-book access: http://www.eurekaselect.com/112447/volume/1 2013.
- “Learning about the emotional lives of kangaroos and environmental sustainability”, Minding Animals Conference, Utrecht, Netherlands, July 2012.
- “The Emotional Lives of Kangaroos: Rehabilitation, science and the environment”, Australian Wildlife Rehabilitation Conference, Townsville, Queensland, July, 2012.
- “Rescuing and Treating Macropod Fence Injuries”, Australian Wildlife Rehabilitation Conference, Townsville, Queensland, July, 2012.
- “Learning from wildlife emotion: A lacuna in our knowledge of environmental sustainability”, chapter 14 in Sustainability Frontiers: Critical and Transformative Voices from the Borderlands of Sustainability Education, Barbara Budrich Publishers, Leverkusen Opladen, Germany, 2014.
- “Ability matters: Space, neuroscience, capability and the university”, paper to 9th European Week of Regions and Cities, Brussels, 10-13 October, 2011.
- “Learning from wildlife: A relational ethic of care – A ‘ third way’ of knowing”, Australian Wombat Conference, Albury Wodonga, March, 2011
- “Brutality to wildlife, relationism and ethics: Conservation, welfare and the ‘ecoversity’”, Animals, www.mdpi.com/jounal/animals, 2011.
- “Kangaroo translocation: Program efficiency and welfare goals”, Paper to the National Wildlife Rehabilitation Conference, Adelaide, June 2010.
- “A Capabilities Approach to Animal Ethics and Sustainability Education” , International Sociological Association Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 2010.
- “Sustainability, animal welfare, animal capability and the law”, address at the launch of the book Animal Law in Australasia, A Suitable Book, Bungendore, New South Wales, November, 2009.
- “A relational approach to wildlife: The kangaroo issue, learning and community alterity”, Minding Animals Conference, University of Newcastle, NSW, July, 2009.
- “Wildlife brutality, relationism and ethics: Conservation, welfare and the ecoversity”, Minding Animals Conference, University of Newcastle, NSW, July, 2009.
- “Wildlife and the Ecoversity”, All our Futures Conference, University of Plymouth, UK, September 2008.
- “Beyond the divide: University and community engagement, wildlife and relational ethics”, The Australasian Journal of University Community Engagement, Autumn, 2008
Animal Papers: Rosemary
(to be added)