- To build a trusting relationship with the injured and sick animals in our care; and to build confidence in each animal’s ability to recover.
- To work professionally with specialist wildlife veterinary expertise.
- To give the sick, traumatised and injured wild animal as much time as is necessary for recovery in a safe and caring environment.
- To return the recovered animal to its natural habitat and to monitor its continued success in the wild.
- To advance our knowledge of wildlife wellbeing and trauma through observation, engagement, research and publication.
'Old Mum' long time resident at Possumwood. She keeps us honest.